Weddings & The Little White Church on the Hill
The Little White Church on the Hill
The Little White Church on the Hill (formerly Zion Lutheran) is located off Pioneer Highway, just under a mile outside the small town of Silvana. Built by pioneer families in 1890, it overlooks the beautiful Stillaguamish Valley. Services are held by Peace Lutheran in this historic sanctuary during July and August and at Christmas Eve and Easter.
The Little White Church on the hill is also a popular site for weddings.
As an associated ministry of Peace Lutheran Church, we are happy to make the Little White Church available for weddings.
Please read the following information carefully.
- You will acquire a wedding license. These are obtained from the office of the County Auditor. The fee must be paid in cash and the license is not valid until 72 hours after it is issued (purchased).
- All church fees will be paid prior to the date of the wedding. The deposit fees to hold a reservation are non-refundable.
- You will meet with the officiating pastor for premarital instruction, as determined by the pastor.
- No church furnishings such as altars/altar cloths, baptismal fonts, pews or musical instruments are to be
moved without prior arrangements.
- All music should be appropriate for a religious ceremony.
- Elaborate decorations and excessive use of flowers is not allowed. The altar rail is not to be decorated.
- Smoking and/or consumption of alcohol/drugs are prohibited in all church facilities and will interrupt the
- The Little White Church on the Hill seats 175. Please consider seating for all guests when sending out
invitations. You will also require two designated people who can be instructed for parking on the grass.
They will need to arrive one hour prior to the wedding. Please give these names to the wedding hostess
- Arrangements for set up, rehearsal, taking pictures and responsibilities during the ceremony will be made
with the wedding hostess prior to the wedding date.
From us you can expect:
- A wedding hostess who will participate at the rehearsal and day of wedding.
- A wedding rehearsal that will acquaint participants with their roles.
- Adequate access to the church for planning, decorating and services.
- You are not required to use our musicians, however, we can provide names and phone numbers if you are
interested in speaking with our pianist/organist.
Please contact the church office of Peace Lutheran Church for further information or to pursue a reservation at
(360) 652-8739, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here for further information.
Little White Church on the Hill Wedding Reservation Form: